← Return to VPN Guides
Setup and Getting Started
How To Set Up a VPN on QNAP Devices
How Do I Install a VPN on QNAP NAS Devices?QNAP is a quality network appliance provider that offers cutting-edge NAS solutions for the business and home. NAS stands for network attached storage, and NAS devices are dedicated file storage devices which can serve files to users on the network. Since a NAS device is connected to the network, users are able to easily access files from a central location. With a VPN installed on your QNAP NAS device, all traffic will be sent over the VPN network so your files remain private and secure. With a VPN for QNAP NAS, such as VyprVPN, you will have access to VyprVPN's over 700 server locations worldwide with several protocols to choose from. These protocols include OpenVPN 256-bit and PPTP.
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN is fast and highly-secure, with no third parties.
- Follow the instructions for installing VyprVPN on your QNAP device.
- Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
- Select your VPN protocol and server location, then click Connect.
- That's it! An extra layer of privacy and security is now activated for your QNAP NAS device.