← Return to VPN Guides
Privacy and Security
How To Protect Your Privacy and Security on Public Wi-Fi Networks
How To Protect Your Privacy on Public Wi-FiUnsecured, public Wi-Fi poses great threats to your online privacy and security. An excellent way to protect your privacy when using these networks is to use a VPN, or virtual private network. A VPN encrypts your Internet connection to keep your information safe when using public and unsecured Wi-Fi networks. To protect your privacy on public Wi-Fi, follow these 5 steps:
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN offers apps for all devices, so you can stay protected at all times.
- Follow the instructions for downloading your VPN on all your favorites devices.
- Log in and connect to VyprVPN.
- Enable VyprVPN's Connect on Untrusted Wi-Fi feature, so VyprVPN connects every time you're on an untrusted or unknown network.
- Connect to public Wi-Fi networks in any location without worrying, knowing your privacy is protected at all times with VyprVPN.