← Return to VPN Guides
Putting Your VPN to Good Use
How to Access Discord in UAE
Using a VPN to Access Discord in UAEDiscord is an online voice and chat app popular with gamers all over the world. Recently Etisalat has blocked Discord, frustrating gamers in the UAE who took to Twitter to protest the #DiscordBan. Not only does this ban inconvenience gamers who wish to communicate with their friends, the negative impact is felt in the growing esports community. Without the ability to easily communicate with their teammates and other players around the world, the UAE gaming community is at a disadvantage. This censorship expands past Discord, as many other sites and online tools are also censored in the UAE and the Middle East region in general. Using a VPN is an effective way to defeat censorship of Discord (and any other site!). VPNs like VyprVPN encrypt your Internet connection and change your IP address, allowing you to bypass location-based blocks in place. To access Discord using a VPN, follow these 5 steps:
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN offers a variety of different VPN protocols, including proprietary Chameleon technology that defeats VPN blocking.
- Follow the instructions for downloading your VPN and launch the application on your preferred device(s).
- Log in with your credentials.
- Choose which server to connect to. VyprVPN lets you choose from over 70 server locations around the world, so you can select a location free of censorship.
- Use the Internet or your apps as you usually do, and enjoy an unrestricted, free and open Internet experience.